I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong if, in 2016 none of this comes to pass. However, I do believe there is a crisis coming to America which will reshape the country. I believe it will be on par with WWII, The Civil War, and the American Revolution. This is just a guess. I'm no prophet.
- The 2016 election will be the most pivotal election in history. My prediction is that a republican will win, similar in ideology to Ron Paul. Someone not controlled by corporate America, someone that isn't the lesser of two evils. A real leader with a different policy than others. Most people will be so desperate for change that they vote him in.
- And this leader will divide the country in two even more than Obama. Libertarian policy is never popular when it's enacted. Turning back the state will cause immediate problems in the economy. It's a long term plan but it will be unpopular and the instant gratification of the population must be soothed.
- The country will quickly divide into two camps. Those for the constitution and those for socialism. The military, police, will split. Academia and the media will mostly side with against the president. The 2016 candidate may face impeachment.
- 2018-2020 civil war erupts within the United States divided by these two camps. The fighting is all out war. It may be state to state or some other arrangement. Civil war is the likely candidate for the coming crisis. The theatre is not really set for inter-country conflict, not even with China. China is too dependent on the US for trade.
- The rest of the world will stay out of the fight. Canada may assist but each country will have their own recession and struggles to deal with. There may be infighting in Europe as well as neo-fascist and neo-islamists clash. But the world will recoil at the level of violence in America and will want to keep its distance.
- 2023-2025 the war end.
- During the war people will be driven out of the cities. Small villages with high technology become normal. Local sporting events will be more important than the NFL. Technology like the internet and 3D printing and solar energy will allow for homes and villages to move away from cities. Small, local communities will be the most important thing to people.
- A new baby boom occurs. These children will be ones to design the technology which propels humanity into the technological singularity. Food becomes abundant. Homelessness and starvation is dissolved. Human suffering is ended.
- We explore space. We are a successful species.
Continue Reading: The Future is A Vending Machine