Friday, November 25, 2011

The Great Crime

"Where am I? Who am I? How came I here? What is this thing called the world? What does this world mean? Who is it that has lured me into the world? Why was I not consulted, why not made acquainted with its manners and customs instead of throwing me into the ranks, as if I had been bought by a kidnapper, a dealer in souls? How did I obtain an interest in this big enterprise they call reality? Why should I have an interest in it? Is it not a voluntary concern? And if I am to be compelled to take part in it, where is the director? I should like to make a remark to him. Is there no director? Where shall I make my complaint?"

Soren Kirkesgaard wrote that. We did not choose this existence. Not only that but there is no director to file complaints to. At best we have Deus Absconditus, the hidden God.

Murder is the intentional destruction of the conscious will in another.  It is the violation of the will of the person which is the crime. Rape is same but applies to unwilling sex. Sex is not the crime. The violation of  will is the crime.

How then can our existence be seen as anything but a crime? We did not will our being. We did not will our consciousness. We were born children.Children who did not choose their parents, in a situation they cannot leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment